I have a hankering to give away a signed set of the Anthems of Zion series to some creative, deserving, small town-loving soul this Advent.
Namely, I am hosting a Miss/Mr. Bradbury contest.
And what, you ask, is a Miss/Mr. Bradbury contest? Why, it is a search for the reader who most embodies the spirit of Bradbury, of course.
Here’s what I need you to do:
- Write a letter to me nominating who you think should be awarded the title of Miss/Mr. Bradbury. This person can be male or female, young or old, thick or thin, funny or stoic, ordained or not. You can even nominate yourself if you like. But in your letter, I need you to laud the Bradbury-esque merits of your nominee and tell me why this person deserves to win both the title and the books.
- Your letter can be as short or as long as you deem necessary. It can be rhyming, accompanied by media, set to music, illustrated, handwritten, or minimalist and simplistic in both form and presentation. It’s all up to you. Keep in mind that I always appreciate and like to reward creativity, sincerity, ingenuity, and heart.
- Post your letter (and be sure to tag me) on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram by Sunday, November 26th,
- Provide the following link in your post: http://books.cph.org/anthems-of-zion,
- And finally, please be sure to use the following hashtags when posting your letter: #MissBradbury (if appropriate) #MrBradbury (if appropriate) #AnthemsofZion (always appropriate). These hashtags will help ensure that I find your letter on the world wide web. *
And the prize? The celebrated title, of course, as well as honor, glory, and a signed set of my series shipped directly to the winner’s home.
May the kindest, funniest, cleverest, most generous honorary Bradburian win.
* If you have a private Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram account, you will need to make sure the settings on your post are public for me to be able to see it.