If you would like to request Katie to speak at an event, please fill out and submit the contact form below.
Available presentation topics (45 to 60 minutes):
- Pew Sisters – We’re family, you and me. We’ve been baptized into the same Christ, and now we share the same heavenly Father, we eat at the same table, and we inherit the same paradise. Your joys are my joys, and your sorrows are my sorrows from here unto eternity. Let’s gather and celebrate our true sisterhood—our pew sisterhood.
- Woman: Servant of Mercy – What does it mean to be a woman in the church? What does she look like? What does she do? Let’s discuss what it means to be Christian and feminine.
- When God’s People Suffer – Why do bad things happen to Christians? Does God really bring suffering upon His own, dear children? Let’s talk about what life looks like when lived under the cross of Christ.
- Caring for the Barren – We do not have to look very far to find them: friends, sisters, aunts, cousins, daughters, and all those women we love so dearly who have never been able to give birth to a child. What do we say to them? How do we comfort them? What hope can we give them? Join Katie Schuermann, author of He Remembers the Barren, for an intimate discussion about the heartache of infertility and its effect on all of us.
- Boundaries – We hear talk of boundaries all over the place: on the television, on the internet, in the workplace, in the doctor’s office, in the grocery store, and even in our bedrooms. But whatever the world or anyone else may have to say about healthy boundaries, we the Baptized have been marked as a people redeemed by the blood of the Lamb. We are not our own, and consequently, neither are our boundaries.
- The Gift of Story – From fables to fairytales, stories throughout history have taught and inspired readers to better honor, love, and serve one another. Join author Katie Schuermann as she discusses the importance of storytelling in the life of the Christian and how every good story is a mere reflection of the greatest, truest story ever told: the fall of man into sin and God’s work of salvation for him in Jesus Christ.
- So You Want to Be a Writer? – Are you interested in writing? Have you always wanted to be published? Author Katie Schuermann will walk you through the ins and outs of writing and publishing both nonfiction and fiction works while sharing anecdotes from her own career.
- Mary Poppins 101 – We all know the benefits of children making music in the classroom and home—an increase in aptitude, processing speed, confidence, and cultural identity—but how, exactly, do we make good music? Join Katie Schuermann for a discussion of music-making strategies and methods that are practically perfect in every way.
- The Healthy Voice – We often count our steps or monitor what we eat in order to enjoy better health, but what can be done day-to-day to promote vocal health? Join Katie as she discusses practical tips for singers, speakers, teachers, choir directors, pastors, and students desiring to keep and use a healthy voice.
Available retreats for women (three sessions each):
- Pew Sisters – We’re family, you and me. We’ve been baptized into the same Christ, and now we share the same Heavenly Father, we eat at the same table, and we inherit the same paradise. Your joys are my joys, and your sorrows are my sorrows from here unto eternity. Let’s gather and celebrate our true sisterhood—our pew sisterhood.
- Anthems of Zion – Church life is anything but boring. Join author Katie Schuermann and her beloved fictional characters of Zion Lutheran Church in the imaginary town of Bradbury, Illinois, for an honest (and humorous) discussion of forgiveness, suffering, and mission work in the church.
- The Great Getaway – Geared for women (or married couples) struggling with infertility, group discussions of complicated issues such as control of our bodies, the source of conception, adoption, grief, and lamentation in the life of the Christian are intermingled with periods of rest, relaxation, and recreation.
Please fill out and submit the contact form below to request Katie as a speaker for your event.